Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Print, Photographic
Title Flat Iron Building
Description White board triangle building at the corner of Scott Street and Grant Avenue, picture taken 1973. Built circa 1908 - Home of 1st drug store, also the "Banner". This information was given by Mae McDonald Murray. She and her daughter Kay rented two rooms in the upstairs painted part of the Flat Iron Building in 1944-45 for $17.00 per month. Don was in the Coast Guard. The larger part was rented by Irene (Johnson) Heifner. Dave was in the service, owned and operated a beauty parlor in Old Town. We had one bath where occasionally we would meet up with bats! The downstairs was also an apartment.
Date 1973
Object ID p73-024